Sunday, June 9, 2013

Juicer

I"m gonna go ahead and post this so if you have any Questions on what we use to juice and why, well here ya go!! :)




First of all I used a juiceman juicer for 13 years and just last month had enough funds to finally upgrade to this beauty. I will talk briefly about why I chose the OMEGA masticating juicer below, but I have to say people, use what you have!  Yes there is more waste with some and others heat up your juice a little but don't let that keep you from using a juicer thats sitting in your cupboard.  I used my old juicer almost every day...It's why I fell in love with juicing...So no excuses!  And if you don't have a juicer you can always blend and strain the pulp with a nut milk bag  in any blender. I do recommend a vitamix or a blendtec but again use what you have and work your way up!

Why I chose the Omega Masticating juicer :
~It does not oxidize the juice so I am able to do large amounts and save them to sip on all day or even overnight!
~It has vey low waste, which means you extract as much juice as possible out of the vegetable and fruit you use! (just look at the pic)
~Its small, (we are moving to Costa Rica in a few months and I have to pack my whole life into suitcases and I wanted something that was a reasonable size)
~It has a 10 year warranty, which of course I hope I do not have to use but I like to know its there if something does happen!


6 comments :

  1. I love your new site!! May I ask, why can't I just blend everything and drink a thicker juice? Don't I miss out on the fiber benefits of the 'ruffage' if I strain it all? We eat smoothies every day at least once -- usually the same -- kale, spinach, blueberry, almond milk and banana. I want to try your recipes, but I despise juicing. Messy. :P Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And call me for heaven's sake! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, Hi lovely Lady!! Yes, you can always blend your veggies and drink a thick veggie smoothies. We do that too, but I am a big fan of delicious pulp free juice. When it is strained it absorbs quickly into your system so your body doesn't have to do much work. The benefits of that is you get a quick energy boost and it goes straight to your cells. It's REALLY good for cleansing out the body in the morning. I prefer to do a juice first thing in the morning and do a thicker smoothie with veggies or fruit later in the day... this just seems to be what works best for us. If all you have is a blender than by ALL MEANS make some green drinks in it and drink up!!! Love you Missy and praying for the July meeting with your friends ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teo likes caterpillar guts? LOL ;)And, I use my blender every day :/ whoops! But for me its simply for mass gaining and not so much the other amazing benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does, just like his Mama :}. We use our blender every day too! We make tons of smoothies and Tano likes to make probiotic protein shakes. So start making a green smoothie every other day and then you'll be getting super buff and super healthy ;). Btw, thanks for reading and commenting on my blogs..sometimes I feel like no body likes them or something? Woe is me, I guess im gonna go eat worms..;) (get it...worms, caterpillars). Yah anyway Thanks bro!

      Delete
  5. Maybe its just that nobody likes you?! haha kidding!! LOL I will look into a green thingy for my precious blender :) and since I have boycott the evil mind sucking time wasting FB, its nice to be able to still see the most interesting posts via blog :)) Anywayz my shake that I have been drinking has gained me 15 lbs so far, which is awesome for me. I just cant eat too healthy or else I end up losing weight lol

    ReplyDelete